2 Year Fulltime Degree
Master of Design (M.Des) in Design-Driven Entrepreneurship
Flexible Weekday Practice
Graduate Of Any Discipline
About the course
The Design Driven approach to Entrepreneurship has globally proven to bring rapid growth and long term success to next-generation companies such as Airbnb, Pinterest, Instagram, Apple, P&G and Kickstarter
In collaboration with Ajeenkya DY Patil University, this formal post-graduate 2 years degree course equips you to DESIGN YOUR OWN CAREER.
Be part of a small group of 25-30 like-minded and passionate professionals entrepreneurs, designers, & product managers.
Learn Strategies & techniques
Learning by doing
24x7 online access to course*
How does Design Driven Entrepreneurship lead to Future Ready Professionals?
Thousands of graduates are exiting the college funnel every year to end up in the unemployment pool. Meanwhile, CEO’s and HR heads of big companies and startups alike are struggling to find the right talent.
A recent report by the Institute for the Future (IfTF) clearly mentions that the students acquiring what are called as 21st century skills are more likely to succeed in this ever changing world.
Design Driven Entrepreneurship program combines combines the craft of design and the grit of entrepreneurship to impart 21st century skills, transformative mindsets and a design approach.
21st century skills allow students to develop transferable capabilities, whereas people who embrace and nurture transformative mindsets develop the capacity to think in enterprising ways. These mindsets help individuals to be innovative, seek growth and challenge the status quo.
Design Driven approach allows the students to think holistically & strategically in trains them to craft solutions that create impact. According to research, 75% of organizations and individuals having “design” as a core competency can innovate to outperform their competition and remain sustainable.
They are more likely to build products that address real needs through human centred design and drive new ideas as a startup or within a large company.
This combination of 21st century skills, transformative mindsets and a design approach allows us to build professionals who can hit the road running as soon as they graduate and also be relevant in the future.
Learn from the Experts
IfDE’s faculty includes practising industry experts with 20+ years of an individual experience of working with some of the biggest fortune 500 companies around the world, innovating and developing global solutions.
Dr Girish Prabhu
Dr Nikhil Varude
1st Semester: Learn the Basics
Design Driven Entrepreneurship Basics
- The semester hand holds and enables you to apply the concepts learnt to realize your product/service ideas or create your first idea pitch.
- Understand the overall landscape of Design Driven Entrepreneurship through studio-based learning approach.
- Develop basic understanding of various elements of new product development such as research, ideation, innovation, UX design, behavioral design, marketing, and technology trends.
2nd Semester: Choice-Based Navigation
- The choice based navigation allows you to pick the units that you are interested in, and develop advanced capabilities. 27 units offered* in the seven principle clusters (Please download the brochure). In parallel to the chosen five units, you will also work on a semester-long studio project to create your 2nd pitch.
Summer Session: Hone Your Skills
OPTION 1: Work on Your Own Idea
Under mentorship from from IfDE experts, work on your product/startup ideas.
OPTION 2: Get Professional Work Experience.
You can do a project internship with a startup or an organization involved in product and service design/development.
3rd Semester: Define Your Career
This choice based navigation allows each student to pick the units that you are interested in and/or want to develop further capabilities.
You can choose additional five units from the 27 units offered* in 7 principle clusters.
You can take a full semester long design driven entrepreneurship project on campus. These practice studios are designed to provide the students an opportunity to practice their skills and capabilities under guidance, so that student is prepared for the final project.
You may have an opportunity to study abroad in a programs that has an alignment with the university.
4th Semester: Take Off
- Students are required to take a full semester long Design Driven Entrepreneurship project.
- The practice studios are designed to provide students and entrepreneurs an early stage incubator-accelerator setup, so that student teams work in dedicated co-working space for 14 weeks on their startup ideas.
- Students will be mentored and will also attend master classes to hone their skills.
- The practice studio will also have sessions from industry expert to fuel your creativity.
Be A Future Ready Professional
Internship and Placement Opportunity
Career Opportunities after this Course
Entrepreneur / Intrapreneur
IfDE and Ajeenkya DY Patil University
Learn in Pune’s best Education Facility
industry experts along with practice-based education, proven frameworks, methods and tools.
Are you Ready to Design your Future?
Master of Design (M.Des) in Design Driven Entrepreneurship
(For Working Professionals and Full time Students)